Smoke Detectors in St. Charles
We Install and Replace Smoke Detectors in Missouri
You probably know how important smoke detectors are to your safety. These little devices can help alert you to a fire in time for you to get out safely and avoid a tragedy. At J. Bathe Electric Company, we install and replace all makes and models of smoke detectors, and we can help recommend the best ones for your home.
Call our electricians today at (636) 306-3977 for quality smoke detector installations in St. Charles .
When to Replace Smoke Detector?
Many older homes have smoke detectors that are 10 years past the expiration date. While these smoke detectors may still appear to work, they may not be as effective in the event of a fire. At J. Bathe Electric Company, we install smoke detectors according to the guidelines set by the fire department so your home is protected.
We install all makes and models of smoke detectors, including:
- Battery-operated smoke detectors
- Hard-wired smoke detectors
- Digital smoke detectors
- Photoelectric smoke detectors
- Heat smoke detectors
- Smoke detector remotes
We also replace smoke detectors if needed. If your smoke detector begins to beep for no reason, or if you suspect it is malfunctioning, give us a call so we can replace it for you. We can even test your smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly.
Call us at (636) 306-3977 or contact us online today for quality smoke detector installation and replacement in St. Louis.
Signs You Need to Replace a Smoke Detector
Even if your smoke detector appears to be working, it may be time to consider replacing it. There are a few reasons you may want to consider replacing your smoke detectors.
- They are 10 years past the expiration date: Most smoke detectors have a lifespan of 10 years, and will begin to malfunction after that.
- They begin to beep for no reason: Smoke detectors are extremely sensitive, and can go off even if you cook with garlic in the kitchen. This is because of the smoke, and your detector may go off when you make toast the next morning. These are not valid smoke alarms, and you should replace them.
- They do not power off after the beep: Smoke detectors are supposed to silence after the beep, but if yours still makes noise, you should replace the unit.
Smoke Detector Maintenance
While replacing your smoke detectors may be necessary, there are some things you can do to keep them in good condition. Make sure you take care of your smoke detectors to ensure they last as long as possible.
- Keep your smoke detectors powered on: This may seem obvious, but the number of units we replace due to power issues is surprising. Make sure all of your smoke detectors have power, and that they are not near any large power sources. Do not use extension cords, and avoid plug-in units.
- Keep it clean: Just like any other appliance, smoke detectors need maintenance. Make sure you dust your smoke detectors at least once a month to keep them efficient.
- Test them regularly: The best way to ensure your smoke detectors are working is to test them. At least once a year, make sure you blow smoke at the detectors to make sure they react properly. You can also use a smoke detector tester, which can be purchased at most home improvement stores.
For more information about smoke detector maintenance and replacement in St. Louis, contact us online or call us at (636) 306-3977.
- A Locally Owned Business We have been proudly serving St Louis for 70 years and are proud to serve the community we live in and love.
- An Experienced Team With decades of experience, we are bringing knowledge and expertise to every job completed.
- Family Owned & Operated As a family run company, we are committed to small company care and customer service.